Statcounter

Monday, 24 January 2011

Doing the coffee run Turkey style


I hear some Starbucks in Turkey have installed security systems for its toilets featuring electronic passcode access only. This means customers can use the restroom during busy hours with a door code written on their receipts.

Customers who want to use the toilets first must find their password on their coffee receipt and then enter it on the machine next to the restroom doors.

The password is the same for every customer; they are specially given to each branch and are changed every three to four months.

This system is currently in practise at Starbucks in Istanbul’s Kadıköy district on the Anatolian side, four Starbucks cafes on the European side, three in Taksim and one in Bebek. So now you know which Starbucks has cleaner toilet facilities.

This is the first time I’ve heard a Starbucks do this and I have to say I like it; the system gives priority to paying customers over people just walking in off the streets not to mention the facilities remain clean.

I wonder when Starbucks in central London will employ this tactic; they will certainly have no complaints from me…

0 comments:

Post a Comment