When you are looking to get a Turkey Residence Permit, it is important that you follow the rules and Laws in Turkey.
Here is our 10 step advice to getting a Turkey Residence Permit:
- Prepare all your documents that you need before you apply for Turkish Residency.
- You need to apply for Turkish residency no more than one month after you have arrived in Turkey in the first place.
- If you are buying a property in Turkey, than we can make the initial application for Turkish residency on your behalf, providing that you give us a copy of your passport.
- Your appointment will be made by the police in Turkey and will be around 45 days after your initial application.
- It is important that you prove that you have enough funds to support yourself while you are in Turkey. Turkish Law requires that you provide bank account slips to show that you have at least 500 US dollars per month to support yourself whilst in Turkey.
- Make sure that your passport has more than 2 years until it expires. Your Turkish residency permit will be given as per your expiration date on your passport from your home country – so make sure that your passport is valid and with at least 2 years remaining!
- Once the application for a Turkish residence permit has been accepted in Turkey, you will receive your residency document within one week of waiting.
- Remember, if you don’t speak Turkish or are new to the country, it might be easier to hire someone to help you. A lawyer or local specialist will make the whole process smoother.
- Patience – be patient when waiting for your Turkey Residence Permit.
- Relax – getting a Turkey residence permit will not be easy if you are worried and stressed. If you are organised and relaxed – the process will be a lot easier.